Our name and identity
Sometimes such a positive change is rather small, yet also important, like helping people to exercise more.
Sometimes a change can be large, like helping people to fight illness with a product that helps them to inject medicine themselves. We help companies to take courageous steps that lead to such change.
- Right at the start of 2007 the studio was founded in a small town in the north of the Netherlands and started to deliver one-stop design and product development services.
- In 2008 we added knowledge in the fields of electronics development and embedded software, apart from concept design, engineering and human factors.
- In 2010 we moved the design studio to a new facility called the Kauwgomballenfabriek, a refurbised factory in Amsterdam. This location was a better solution for a growing number of international clients that were flying to Schiphol Airport.
- In 2011 a dedicated lab space was added for electronics design, interaction design and prototyping.
- In the beginning of 2013 we moved the design studio into a bigger space in the creative hotspot "De Overkant", an old diesel engine factory in Amsterdam Noord.
- In the beginning of 2014 we added more space to the studio, as the growing team and bigger projects did not fit anymore.
- In 2015 we added new people to the team and we won two 'best sports products' awards on the ISPO.
mission & values
During our design process we continuously keep people in mind. We design, create mockups & prototypes, run user research and test interaction and ergonomics on real users, creating a long-lasting meaning for people.
- We care about people
- Beauty and great meaning is a perfect combination
- Excellence in creativity and knowledge
- All we do is teamwork
Facilities, network & toolsTools are of course just tools. They do not create the design quality, but having some good tools does help to keep quality up and work more efficient. Apart from a great team of talented industrial designers, product engineers and electronics engineer we also offer the following tools, networks and facilities:
- modern design studio, with dedicated spaces for sketching, ideation and 3d cad engineering.
- lab for electronics development, interaction and prototyping.
- Alias Design for class A surface modelling, SolidWorks for 3D CAD product development.
- Altium CircuitStudio for electronic schematics and layout design.
- 5th generation MakerBot 3d printer for creation of fast mockups, apart from the quick foam based handmade models that we create.
- large network of national and international prototyping manufacturers that create for us high quality parts from rubbers and plastics till aerospace grade aluminum or magnesium and medical titanium parts.