In-house lab for electronics development
We always build prototypes of the newly designed PCB boards in house, so that we can directly test every sub-circuit on the board and apply quick iterations. A network of manufacturing partners helps to transfer towards production smoothly, including support and advise in organizing assembly of the total product, certifications and quality assurance.
- selection of the main components for the system, like processor, micro-controllers, displays, camera, battery, touch panels, etc.
- evaluation of the main components with development boards, to test functionality and efficiently design the system.
- design of the product stack-up in 3D CAD blocks of the components, displays, battery and pcb.
- design of the schematics of power management solutions, I/O, EEPROM, memory, DC/DC converters, drivers, interfaces and passive components.
- design of the pcb board layout version 1.0 and assembly of a prototype, running test-firmware to test basic functions of the board.
- optimizations of the schematics, optimizing the board layout leading to pcb version 1.1, ordering a new pcb prototype and run tests & evaluations.
- upgrade of the schematics and PCB layout design with improvements for EMC / ESD regulations and manufacturing, leading towards a board version 2.0.
- creation of a BOM (bill of materials) with corresponding choice of suppliers and purchasing data.
- design of the first firmware to be able to test all functionality of the board.
- assembly of prototype board 2.0, testing functionality, testing user experience, testing firmware, testing performance of the board in the total product.
- adding minor improvements and upgrading the board towards version 2.1, ready to transfer to a manufacturing company for final engineering.
- support regarding certifications in cooperation with partners (CE, EMC / ESD, LVD, UL)
- TFT display drivers
- multi-touch capacitive touch solutions
- Battery power management with lithium polymer or li-ion
- Switching power solutions, AC/DC convertions
- Processors and microcontrollers like Atmel, PIC, ARM Cortex A9, Microchip, FPGA
- Memory solutions like DDR-RAM, DDR2, NAND Flash, NOR Flash, EEPROM
- Interface ports like SDHC memory card slot, serial, USB host and device, Ethernet
- Image sensors and image data processing
- Audio solutions, like internal microphone and speaker solutions in medical tablets, audio amps, etc.
- Wireless communication modules with GSM/GPRS/UMTS, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, iBeacon, WiFi / WLAN