Electronics design is first of all driven by the need to design a good experience for the user, which is both extremely important in a medical, sports or professional context.
Experience in electronics design and implementation
We always have prototypes build of the newly designed PCB boards, so that we can directly test and apply quick iterations. A network of development and manufacturing partners helps to transfer the product towards production smoothly, including support and advice in organizing the assembly of the total product, certifications and quality assurance.
- selection of the main components for the system, like processor, micro-controllers, displays, camera, battery, touch panels, etc.
- evaluation of the main components with development boards, to test functionality and efficiently design the system.
- design of the schematics of power management solutions, I/O, EEPROM, memory, DC/DC converters, drivers, interfaces and passive components.
- design of the pcb layout version 1.0 and assembly of a prototype, running test-firmware to test basic functions of the board.
- optimizations of the schematics, optimizing the board layout leading to pcb version 1.1, ordering a new pcb prototype and run tests & evaluations.
- upgrade of the schematics and PCB layout design with improvements for EMC / ESD regulations and manufacturing, leading towards a board version 2.0.
- creation of a BOM (bill of materials) with corresponding choice of suppliers and purchasing data.
- design of the first firmware to be able to test all functionality of the board.
- assembly of prototype board 2.0, testing functionality, testing user experience, testing firmware, testing performance of the board in the total product.
- adding minor improvements and upgrading the board towards version 2.1, ready to transfer to a manufacturing company for final engineering.
- support regarding certifications in cooperation with partners (CE, EMC / ESD, LVD, UL)
- TFT display drivers
- Power over Ethernet solutions according to PoE IEEE 802.3af and PoE+ IEEE 802.3at
- multi-touch capacitive touch solutions
- Battery power management with lithium polymer or li-ion
- Switching power solutions, AC/DC convertions
- Processors and microcontrollers like Atmel, PIC, ARM Cortex A9, Microchip, FPGA
- Memory solutions like DDR-RAM, DDR2, NAND Flash, NOR Flash, EEPROM
- Interface ports like SDHC memory card slot, serial, USB host and device, Ethernet
- Image sensors and image data processing
- Audio solutions, like internal microphone and speaker solutions in medical tablets, audio amps, etc.
- Wireless communication modules with GSM/GPRS/UMTS, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, iBeacon, WiFi / WLAN